Mom's Crab Dip
Makes about 2 cups
This crab dip recipe came from my mother. She made it often for parties or buffets when entertaining. It is quick, easy and very good. The chili sauce adds an unexpected flavor that is not overpowering. You can substitute six ounces crabmeat from the seafood counter for the canned. For something different and equally delicious, see the hot crab dip recipe in the similar and related links.
- 1 small can (6-ounces) crabmeat, drained
- 8-ounces cream cheese, softened (can use reduced fat)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons bottled chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (can use reduced fat or canola)
Mix all ingredients together. Chill for several hours to allow flavors to blend. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve with crackers, corn chips, vegetable crudites or your favorite dippers.