Cream Cheese and Olive Spread
Makes 1-1/2 to 2 cups
This was another of my mother's quick and easy recipes for spreads that she used as fillings for party or tea sandwiches, which is in the similar and related links. However, it is equally good on crackers, toasted pitas or with vegetable crudites.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (can use reduced fat)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (can use reduced fat or canola)
- 1/4 cup green pitted olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pimento, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Place the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a medium bowl and stir well to blend. Add the remaining ingredients and blend well. Serve at room temperature.
Notes: If using for party sandwiches, the spread makes six whole sandwiches, each of which is cut into four triangles. I prefer this spread on cracked wheat or similar bread.