Makes about 1-1/2 cups
This tuna spread recipe, which came from my mother, is very good used as a filling for party or tea sandwiches, as in the recipe in the similar and related recipes links. It also makes a delicious stuffing for celery stalks or cherry tomatoes. And it is a quick and easy spread for crackers or toasts as an appetizer or on a finger foods party buffet.
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) tuna packed in water, preferably chunk light, drained and finely flaked
- 1/2 cup finely minced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely minced green onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (can use reduced fat or canola)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced sweet pickle, or sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Can be made up to three days ahead, covered and refrigerated until needed.
Notes: If using as a sandwich filling, the recipe will yield five or six whole sandwiches, each of which can be cut into four party-sized triangles.