Pistachio Cake with Creamy Frosting
Makes one 10-inch tube cake
This recipe was given to me years ago by a good friend. She since passed on and I am not sure where she got it. It is possible it came from a pistachio pudding box. It is very easy, relatively quick and makes a delicious dessert for a busy weeknight, special occasion or potluck event.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola or other vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 2 small packages instant pistachio pudding
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 small container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 small package instant pistachio pudding
Preheat oven to 350° F. Mix all ingredients for the cake with electric mixer in a large bowl. Pour into 10-inch tube pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake springs back to the touch. Place pan on rack and cool slightly; remove cake from pan and cool completely before frosting.
Meanwhile, make the frosting. Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Whip with electric mixer until combined and fluffy. Spread on cooled cake. Refrigerate until serving.