Chocolate Cream Drop Cookies
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
These chocolate cookies are so good. The recipe came from my mother. Once you try them, you will be hooked. As with all cookies, be very careful not to overbake. They should be relatively soft, part of what gives them a luscious, almost creamy texture.
- 1/2 cup butter, preferably unsalted, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening, preferably non-hydrogenated
- One package (3-ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350° F. Thoroughly cream together the butter, shortening, cream cheese and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir in cooled chocolate. Sift together the flour and salt. Add to batter; blend well. Stir in nuts. Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until done but still soft. Remove from tray and place on cooling rack. When completely cool, store in an airtight container for up to three weeks or in the freezer for up to six months.