Spiced Peaches and Schnapps
I love fresh peaches during the local season. And, although they are very good just as they are, adding the schnapps and spices as in this recipe makes for an easy and flavorful dessert that is equally appropriate for family or elegant entertaining. This also makes a delicious topping for ice cream, cake or waffles. If you prefer not to use alcohol, or you are serving children, omit it. The peaches will still be delicious just with the spices.
- 2 pounds ripe peaches, peeled if desired, pitted and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, more or less depending on sweetness of peaches
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps
- Cream (optional)
Mix together all of the ingredients except the cream. Taste and adjust as desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Place in individual serving bowls. If desired, pour a little cream over each serving for a more luxurious dessert.