Strawberries with Honey-Yogurt Cream
This strawberry recipe is so good. Serve as is, or on top of sliced pound or angel food cake for dessert. It also makes a quick and easy breakfast or brunch dish, topped with crunchy granola. If desired, orange juice can be substituted for the liqueur and you will still have a delicious presentation. See the similar and related recipes links for an equally delicious mascarpone cream for fruit and berries.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur (can use orange juice)
- 8 ounces plain yogurt (I use nonfat)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur (can use orange juice)
Rinse and hull the strawberries. Cut into desired sizes. Mash a few with a fork or potato masher to release some juices. Add some of the sugar and all of the liqueur; stir well to combine. Taste and, if necessary, add more sugar. Refrigerate about two hours to allow the berries to macerate in the juices.
Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt, honey and liqueur. Refrigerate until serving. Serve the strawberries in bowls or wine glasses, topped with some of the honey-yogurt cream.