Deviled Eggs with Olives
Makes 8 deviled eggs
I absolutely love deviled eggs. This recipe came from my mother and it is one of our favorites. Serve deviled eggs as a quick and easy party finger food, as an appetizer, at a picnic or as a light and healthy snack. For another favorite, see the Deviled Eggs with Pimentos and Parsley in the similar and related recipes links.
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, halved lengthwise (see the similar and related recipes)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (can use reduced-fat or canola)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons pimento stuffed green olives, very finely chopped or minced
- Olive slices for garnish
Remove yolks from eggs, being careful not to tear the whites. Mash the yolks with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the minced olives. Taste for seasoning
Stuff the egg whites with the yolk mixture, using a piping bag or spoon. Top each mound with an olive slice. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, until needed.
Notes: Leftover eggs can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to four days. This can be made in any amount needed.