Recipes for Leftover Lamb
I love lamb and am thrilled when I have some leftover, whether it was roasted, braised or grilled. These are just a few ideas for using the meat in different ways, most of which are quick, easy and healthy. See the similar and related recipes links for some of the original lamb recipes I use.
- Cut some of the lamb in slices and add to Pasta with Marinara Sauce.
- Cut into thin slices and make Lamb Pita Sandwiches with Peppers, Onions and Yogurt Sauce.
- Cut into slices and make Lamb Sandwiches with
Caramelized Onions and Cheese.
- Remember to save the bone from a leg of lamb to make a great Barley Soup.
- Make a Shepherd's Pie. Cut the meat and any vegetables into small pieces, place in the bottom of an appropriately sized baking dish. Add some gravy or broth if desired. Then top with leftover or freshly made mashed potatoes. Brush the potatoes with melted butter. Bake in a preheated 350° F oven until lightly browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Similar and Related Recipes
Roasted Whole Leg of Lamb
Herb-Stuffed Butterflied Leg of Lamb
Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Yogurt Marinade