Recipes for Leftover Roasted Peppers
Make recipes in any amount
Leftover Roasted Peppers are good just as they are and will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week. However, if you need a quick and delicious meal or snack, you might want to try one of the following presentations. See the similar and related recipes links for the original recipe. You can also use leftover peppers that were charred and skins removed in any of the dishes.
- Sauté a large, chopped tomato in some of the oil from the peppers in a medium skillet over high heat, adding extra olive oil if needed. Season with salt, pepper and basil or oregano. Add the peppers, coarsely chopped if desired, and heat. Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle the mixture with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Break some eggs on the top, cover and cook until eggs are the desired doneness. You now have Italian-Style Eggs Poached on Peppers and Tomatoes. It makes a quick, easy and healthy dish for breakfast, lunch or a light dinner.
- My favorite way to use leftover roasted peppers is in a Roasted Peppers Sandwich with a good sharp cheese such as Asiago or Provolone. Nothing could be better. See the recipe in the similar and related recipes links for details and a photo.
- Make Bruschetta with Roasted Peppers for a light lunch, a snack or an easy appetizer before dinner. Bring the peppers to room temperature before serving.
- Depending on how much is leftover, make a Roasted Peppers Pizza. Use a store-bought crust and top with cheese of choice. For a smaller amount, use pita bread instead of a pizza crust.
- Toss as is with Pasta, or add to a tomato sauce for extra flavor.
- Chop the peppers and add to an Italian Frittata (Omelet).