Stir-Fried Chinese Noodles
This recipe for stir-fried noodles is a quick, easy and delicious side dish that is a nice change from the usual rice with an Oriental meal.
- 8 ounces Chinese noodles (can substitute thin pasta, such as spaghettini, broken in halves or thirds)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
- Pepper to taste
Cook noodles in lightly salted boiling water until tender but still firm. Drain well. Rinse under cold water, transfer to bowl. Add soy sauce and sesame oil; toss. (Can be made ahead. Cover, let stand at room temperature for up to 2 hours or, if keeping longer, refrigerate and bring back to room temperature.)
Heat canola oil in wok or skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add scallions; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add noodles; stir-fry to heat through.
Notes: If preferred, other finely chopped vegetables can be substituted for or combined with the scallions.