Braised Chicken Thighs with White Wine and Vegetables
This chicken recipe is easy, delicious and quite versatile. You can use any bone-in pieces you prefer, with or without skin. Other vegetables can be added or substituted for those listed. Use chicken broth instead of wine if that is an issue. Make the recipe in any amount needed.
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, with or without skin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, cut into medium wedges
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cremini or white button
- 3 small carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Water as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add oil to heated pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on each side, approximately 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and drain off excess fat. Return the chicken to the pan and add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cover and cook until chicken is done and potatoes are tender, about 50 minutes. Check occasionally and add water if necessary. Serve immediately.