Sautéed Turkey Cutlets with Golden Onions and Parmesan Cheese
This recipe for turkey cutlets is a quick, easy and delicious Italian-inspired main dish for a busy weeknight, special occasion or casual entertaining. The recipe can be made in any amount needed.
- 1 pound turkey cutlets
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, preferably unsalted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 3 to 4 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh sage or marjoram, coarsely chopped (optional garnish)
Season the turkey cutlets on both sides with sage, marjoram, salt and pepper. Pat lightly with hand to help herbs adhere. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and butter. Add the onions and sauté until starting to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add the cutlets and sauté until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Add the wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 1 minute. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan cheese and, if available, fresh sage or marjoram.