Green Goddess Salad Dressing
Makes 3/4 cup
Green goddess salad dressing was very popular before ranch dressing was created. Now it is enjoying a comeback. As with most dressings, the recipe is very easy and better than store-bought because you can alter the seasonings any way you like. The essential ingredients in green goddess dressing are mayonnaise, anchovies, tarragon and parsley. It is delicious on tossed salad greens or vegetables.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (can use reduced fat or canola)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (can use reduced fat)
- About 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 anchovies fillets, rinsed, patted dry and finely chopped (can use 1/2-teaspoon anchovy paste)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar (or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until serving. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.