Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato and Lettuce
Make in any amount
There is nothing terribly special about a ham and cheese sandwich. However, placing the sandwich under the broiler so that the ham gets warm while the cheese melts takes it to another level with minimal extra effort. Serve this quick and easy recipe for lunch or a light dinner with salad and chips.
- Crusty rolls, sliced in half horizontally
- Butter, softened (optional)
- Leftover baked ham, sliced thin (can use deli ham)
- Sliced Swiss cheese, or other cheese of choice
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Lettuce leaves
- Mayonnaise and/or mustard
Place the rolls, cut side up, under a broiler until lightly toasted. Remove the top roll halves. If desired, spread the bottom halves with a little butter. Top with ham, then cheese slices. Broil again until the cheese melts. Add the tomato and lettuce. Spread the top halves with mayonnaise and/or mustard. Top the sandwiches and serve immediately.