Soy-Ginger Dipping Sauce
Makes about 1/2 cup
This soy dipping sauce recipe is typical of sauces served with Oriental dumplings, but it can be used with other foods, as well as a marinade for meats, seafood or poultry. It is delicious and nothing could be quicker or easier. The recipe can be made in any amount desired. For my favorite Chinese pot stickers recipe, see the similar and related recipes links.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, preferably lower-sodium
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (can use white or red wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve as a dip or use as a marinade for meats, poultry or seafood.
Notes: If desired, hot chiles or crushed red peppers can be added for heat.