Seasoned Sour Cream (Dip or Sandwich Spread)
Makes about 1/2 cup
The seasonings in this sour cream enhance the flavors of a fajita or other tortilla wraps. I first made it to top my tortilla sandwiches, which is in the similar and related recipes links. Then I got the idea to make some to use as a dip for fresh vegetables and tortilla chips. It is a nice change from the usual dips. The recipe can easily be doubled or made in any amount.
- 1/2 cup sour cream (can use reduced fat)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles (optional)
Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Let set about 30 minutes, then taste for seasoning, adding more if needed. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Notes: Nonfat Greek yogurt can be substituted for up to half of the sour cream. For those who do not care for cilantro, dried adds just a hint of flavor without overpowering the other flavors.