Sautéed Shrimp and Vegetables
This recipe for sautéed shrimp is a quick, easy, light and delicious main dish. When I first created the recipe, I used a stir-fry pan designed for the outdoor grill, which added a tasty, smoky flavor. However, I have made the recipe indoors on a grill pan, as well as in a lightly oiled skillet and either method yields a tasty dish. See the pasta with grilled shrimp, which is based on this recipe, in the similar and related recipes links.
- 1-1/4 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4-pound snow peas, tough strings removed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 6 large mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 small tomato, cut into chunks or wedges
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into bowl. Combine well and let marinate approximately 30 minutes.
Place shrimp mixture in stir-fry grill pan over high heat, or in a lightly oiled skillet over a medium-high burner. Sauté just until the shrimp turns pink. Serve immediately.