Homemade Tartar Sauce
Makes about 1 cup
This recipe is so quick and easy to make, you will never use store-bought tartar sauce again. It is best prepared several hours ahead and refrigerated until using to allow the flavors to blend. Serve with your favorite seafood main dish or fish sandwiches. The recipe can be made in any amount needed.
(Pictured on Fried Fish Fillet Sandwich)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (can use light or canola)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (can use reduced fat)
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish, more or less if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Taste and adjust as needed. Let set while preparing fish or, for best flavor, refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.