Quick Roasted Broccoli
I love finding new ways to cook broccoli and, since I absolutely love roasted vegetables, I knew this was the way to go. This recipe is, as the title suggests, a quick, easy, healthy and delicious side dish that is appropriate for any occasion. The temperature can be lowered slightly to accommodate an oven entree, adjusting cooking time as needed.
- 2-1/2 pounds broccoli crowns, broken into florets with stems attached
- 4 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil, about 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450° F. Clean the broccoli pieces and allow to dry. Place on a large, shallow baking sheet in one layer. Add the garlic, marjoram, salt, pepper and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to combine. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes depending on size. The broccoli should brown slightly in the process. Sprinkle with the cheese and return to oven for about 2 minutes. Serve hot, warm or room temperature.