Easy Chinese-Style Broccoli
We all need a few super quick recipes, even those of us who love to cook. This is one to try. Asian seasonings are added to frozen broccoli that is cooked in the microwave for an easy and delicious side dish. Serve it the next time you make an Oriental meal.
- 1 pound frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 teaspoon canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, preferably lower sodium
Cook the broccoli with a little water in the microwave according to package directions for tender but crisp.
Meanwhile, place the canola oil, garlic and ginger in a small microwavable bowl. Drain the broccoli when done and cover to keep warm. Microwave the oil, garlic and ginger mixture for about 30 seconds depending on microwave wattage, or until the garlic is tender. Stir in the sesame oil and soy sauce. Toss the oil mixture with the broccoli; cover and microwave about 1 more minute or until well heated. Serve immediately.