Bernice's Corn Pudding Casserole
Serves 6 to 8
This corn pudding recipe came from Bernice Skinner who was a terrific southern cook. It is an easy and delicious side dish favorite for a weeknight meal or casual entertaining. For something a little different, see my Pennsylvania Dutch dried corn casserole in the similar and related recipes links.
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 box (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream (can use reduced-fat)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg whites, combined
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, preferably unsalted, room temperature and cut into small portions
Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease or spray a 12x9-inch baking dish. Mix all ingredients until well combined. Pour into prepared dish and bake for about 45 minutes. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.