Grilled Marinated Eggplant
This Italian-flavored eggplant recipe is so good. If you cannot cook it outdoors, use a grill pan or broiler. You can also roast the eggplant in a hot oven. No matter which cooking method you use, it is a quick, easy, healthy and delicious side dish.
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (can use red wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch slices
- 3 to 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well to blend. Add the eggplant and toss to coat. Let marinate for about 30 minutes. Heat an outdoor grill, broiler or oven to high heat. Brush the grates with olive oil, or a large sheet pan if using the oven or broiler. Add eggplant slices in one layer and cook on both sides until lightly browned and tender, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a bowl or plate and sprinkle with grated cheese. This can be served hot, but has even more flavor warm or at room temperature.