Katie's Demon Rum Balls
(Shared recipe submitted anonymously.)
The contributor writes: "I was visiting my college roommate over Thanksgiving weekend and we discovered this rich rum ball recipe. I did not write it down, thinking I could find it on the Internet if I wanted to make more. After three fruitless evenings of searching the web, I asked her to e-mail it to me. I want to post it for others."
- 1 box vanilla wafers, finely crushed (12 ounces box = 3-1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 box confectioners' (powdered) sugar
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Extra confectioners' (powdered) sugar for coating
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix rum and syrup together, then add to dry ingredients. Add the melted butter and stir to moisten. Mold into balls and dredge in confectioners' sugar. These are best stored in a tightly sealing metal box and left to 'ripen' for a few days. Enjoy!
Share Your Favorite Recipes at Teri's Kitchen.
Click here for information and to browse all the shared recipes.