Quick and Creamy Eggless Caesar Dressing
(Shared recipe submitted by C. Michael Ranck.)
Years ago, Michael taught me how to make traditional dressing for a Caesar salad, as in the similar and related recipes. This was his recipe for an eggless version.
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovy fillets, drained
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In the bowl of a food processor combine the mustard, Worcestershire, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice and anchovy fillets. Pulse until the garlic and anchovy fillets are well chopped. Scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally to ensure even and uniform blending of the ingredients. While running the processor continuously, pour the olive through the cap into the processor bowl in a slow and steady stream, and process to a smooth and creamy texture. When all of the oil has been incorporated add the Parmesan cheese with one final spin in the processor. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour into a clean container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Notes: More than likely, this is more dressing than you will need for one salad but leftovers will keep for four to five days in the refrigerator.
About Michael: Michael was very special to this site for two reasons. He was my brother and a trained chef. I am so grateful that he was able to share a few recipes before he passed.
Additional recipes submitted by Michael:
- Baked French Toast with Praline Topping
- Nantucket Chicken (Stuffed Breasts with Wild Rice and Cranberries)
Click here for information and to browse all the shared recipes.