(Shared recipe submitted by Carolyn Opocensky.)
Carolyn writes: "These can be used in many ways."
- 5 pounds hamburger
- 5 teaspoon Morton Quick Salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 3-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 3 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- Kitchen Bouquet for brushing logs
Mix everything together well (hands work best). Refrigerate undisturbed in an airtight bowl for 3 days. On the 3rd day, form into 4 tight logs. Brush all sides of logs with Kitchen Bouquet and place on rack over baking sheet. Bake at lowest oven temperature for 8 hours turning every so often. Cool before slicing. Refrigerate or freeze for later use.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.
About Carolyn: Carolyn is from Ramona, California.