Cucumber-Cabbage Aspic Congealed Salad
(Shared recipe submitted by Edwina Price Snyder.)
Edwina writes: "This salad congeals fast."
Ingredients and Instructions
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin
Sprinkle gelatin on top of the water; stir. Add:
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
Stir until all of the gelatin is dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature, but not yet jelling. Add:
- 3/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 large or several small cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoons salt
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 1 box cream style cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, boiled a minute or two and drained (optional)
Mix all together well. Pour into individual containers or one rectangular glass dish. Refrigerate until congealed. Cut into squares. Serve on lettuce, if desired.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.
About Edwina: Edwina, originally from Mississippi, lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Her e-mail address is email@example.com.