Broccoli and Grape Salad
(Shared recipe submitted by Edwina Price Snyder)
Edwina writes: "This recipe was given to me by a second cousin. I have seen variations of it in Southern Living magazine, but this cousin used the red wine vinegar."
- 4 to 5 broccoli heads or crowns, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 to 2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 3 to 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained, blotted and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Mix together the salad ingredients. Mix the dressing. Pour over broccoli mixture, toss and refrigerate. The longer it sets, the better it tastes. (You can use the florets from two bunches of broccoli and keep the other ingredients in the same amount.)
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.
About Edwina: Edwina, originally from Mississippi, lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Her e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.