Arroz con Pollo (Rice with Chicken)
(Shared recipe submitted by Francine T. Ryan)
Fran writes: "This dish is so easy to make. This is the first dish I made when I got married and served my first dinner. Boy was I nervous. As a newlywed, I soon learned how to create inexpensive dishes with style and taste. My grandfather had a saying, "Never cook when you are angry -- especially eggs!". He was a chef for many years in Chiapas, Mexico."
- 2 broiler or fryer chickens, cut into parts and browned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 cans (16-ounces each) chopped tomatoes (can use fresh)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 envelopes saffron seasoning
- 1 package (16-ounces) rice (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 roasted green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 package (10-ounces) frozen peas, thawed (or one small can, drained)
Preheat oven to 350° F. In large skillet heat oil. Sauté onion and green pepper until tender. Combine with tomatoes, garlic, saffron, rice and pepper strips. Place chicken on rice mixture; place in oven. Bake until tender, about 35 minutes. Before serving, stir in peas.
About Francine: Fran is an Internet friend with whom I have shared many conversations about cooking. Now she wants to share these recipes with you. I am sure she would love to hear from you if you have any questions or comments. Her e-mail address is FRAN122245@aol.com.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.