Pumpkin Pie Cake
(Shared recipe submitted by Ida Pletz.)
Ida writes: "This is a very easy cake for the fall season."
- 1 double layer package yellow cake mix, divided
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup softened butter, divided
- 1 can pumpkin (large)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream or topping (optional, for serving)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Reserve 1 cup cake mix. Mix remaining cake mix with 1 beaten egg and 1/2 cup butter. Press into 13x9-inch baking pan. Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, milk, cinnamon and remaining 3 eggs in bowl. Pour over cake mixture. Combine reserved cake mix, pecans remaining 1/4 cup butter and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a bowl, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes until filling is set. Serve with whipped cream or topping.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.
About Ida: Ida's e-mail address is ILPFLA@aol.com.