Peas and Ditalini
(Shared recipe submitted by Irish.)
Serves 4 to 6
- Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 to 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cans tiny peas with liquid, such as Le Seur
- 1 pound ditalini or other small pasta
- 1 pound bacon fried crisp, drained and crumbled coarsely
- Black pepper
- Grated cheese
In a 4 quart saucepot, cover bottom with olive oil and heat. (If you use the optional cayenne pepper flakes, add them to the oil.) Add the sliced onions and stir until soft. Add the peas with liquid; stir gently until combined. Cook pasta, drain and put in bowl; cover with the pea mixture and stir gently. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with grated Lucatel, an Italian goat cheese with a wonderful flavor found in specialty stores, or use any cheese you wish, passed separately. Serve with a salad.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.
About Irish: Irish's e-mail address is Irish48236@aol.com.