Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
(Shared recipe submitted by Joan B. Dishman.)
Makes 1 cup
"Joan got this recipe from Tabasco.com. She often dries her own tomatoes from the garden."
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (can use reduced or nonfat)
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon TABASCO® brand pepper sauce, more or less to taste
Mix ingredients in microwave-safe bowl and heat on medium 2 minutes until hot, stirring once (see notes below).Serve with crisp crackers, bread or vegetables.
Notes: Microwave times vary depending on wattage. Always start with less time, cooking longer if needed. Joan heats and serves her dip in a small slow cooker with wheat crackers, such as Triscuits.
About Joan: It is my understanding that Joan is no longer with us. She was an artist who made Santa Claus figures and was a collector. I loved her e-mail address, which was 'Nuts4Santa', as I, too, am a collector.