Janet's Rhubarb Upside Down Cake
(Shared recipe submitted by Janet Ott Miller.)
Janet writes: "I just discovered this recipe and it is so good."
- 5 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or sweetener for baking, such as Splenda)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry flavored gelatin (can use sugar free)
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C). Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
In a large bowl, stir together the rhubarb, sugar, marshmallows and dry strawberry flavored gelatin. Pour into the bottom of the prepared pan, and distribute evenly. Mix cake batter according to package directions; pour over the ingredients in the pan. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Run a knife around the outer edge of the cake to loosen; turn out onto a large serving plate while still hot. Allow the cake to cool before serving. If desired, top with whipped topping.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.
About Janet: Janet's e-mail address is email@example.com.