Jen's Key Lime Cake
(Shared recipe submitted by Joanna Sims.)
Joanna writes: "Here is a quick recipe I got from my speech class at Florida Keys Community College."
- 1 package lemon cake mix (Joanna prefers Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme)
- 1 package (4 servings size) instant lemon pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 box powdered (confectioners') sugar
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- Lime twists (optional garnish)
For the cake, preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour bundt pan. Beat cake ingredients 1-1/2 minutes with mixer. Pour into pan and bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
For the icing, whisk ingredients in a bowl. If you want a thinner consistency, add a few drops of water. Spread over entire cake. Garnish with lime twists.
About Joanna: Joanna's e-mail address is KeyVirjo@aol.com.