Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken
(Shared recipe submitted by Mitsy Allen.)
Mitsy writes: "I have a tried and true recipe that we just absolutely love...I thought that I would share"
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups melted butter or margarine
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 cups rice cereal, crushed (Mitsy uses Rice Krispies)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Mitsy uses Kraft)
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each sage, thyme, basil or any seasonings you enjoy
- 2 to 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
Preheat oven to 350° F. In medium bowl, place melted butter or margarine and add crushed garlic cloves. In separate bowl, combine cereal, Parmesan cheese, parsley and seasonings.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.
Dip each piece of chicken first in the butter mixture and then in the cereal mixture. Place in a greased baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes. I serve it with Fettuccine Alfredo and a fresh vegetable. It is wonderful.
About Mitsy: Mitsy's e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.