Chow Mein Noodle Casserole
(Shared recipe submitted by Mary Ann Snyder.)
Serves 4 to 5
Mary Ann writes: "Here is a recipe I came up with when my kids were teenagers and I was working a lot. It was easy, tasty and filling. I hope you like it. It will serve a couple hungry teenagers - probably 4 or 5 adults!"
- 1 pound ground beef (can use turkey)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (can use cream of celery)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (optional)
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 small can chow mein noodles, divided
Preheat oven to 350° F. Brown meat and onion in skillet until done. Add soups and water, soy sauce, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic and rice. Mix well and let simmer 15 minutes or so. Place 3/4 can of the chow mein noodles in a casserole, add the meat mixture. Mix well, then place remaining chow mein noodles on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.
About Mary Ann: Mary Ann's e-mail address is email@example.com.