Potato Onion Potage (Creamy Potato Soup)
(Shared recipe submitted by Mary Ellen Vasquez.)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
Sauté onions in butter until clear. Add chicken broth and simmer 5 minutes. Add potatoes and remainder of ingredients; gently heat until hot. DO NOT BOIL. Can be served hot or cold.
About Mary Ellen: Mary Ellen has been collecting "quickie" recipes since the 1960's because she is always in a hurry to get out of the kitchen. These are some she wanted to share. Her e-mail address is email@example.com.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.