Speedy Ambrosia Fruit Bake
(Shared recipe submitted by Mary Ellen Vasquez.)
Mary Ellen writes: "This is a great dessert to serve in cool weather or after a heavy meal when you crave something light to satisfy that sweet tooth. It's not only colorful but very light and tasty, and the preparation is fairly quick."
- 2 apples, cored and sliced (leave peel on)
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced in 1/4-inch circles
- 2 oranges, peeled, pith removed and cut into segments without membranes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 small can chunk pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, with 1 to 2 tablespoons of cherry juice
- !/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 475° F. Grease covered baking dish and set aside. Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Pour into the greased baking dish and cover. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool down slightly before serving. Can be eaten plain (for calorie watchers) or served with a tablespoon of whipped topping, cottage cheese or a little cream poured over each serving.
About Mary Ellen: Mary Ellen has been collecting "quickie" recipes since the 1960's because she is always in a hurry to get out of the kitchen. These are some she wanted to share. Her e-mail address is email@example.com.