Quick Delish Veggie Bars
(Shared recipe submitted by Mary Ellen Vasquez.)
Mary Ellen writes: "Here's a recipe for people who love quick and 'I want some more of that'! The recipe came from a house party several years ago. This is really good stuff! I serve small bars with meat on the side for a very good, and quick, summer meal. Great for a large family or cookout with friends!"
- Two packages crescent rolls (do not separate)
- 1 each of 3-ounces and 8-ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope dry ranch dressing
- Grated carrots (about 2 or 3)
- Chopped bell pepper (about 1/2 of large)
- Cauliflower florets (cut small)
- Broccoli (small pieces)
- Tomatoes (chopped small)
- Optional- finely chopped onion, celery or any other vegetable good for salads
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
For the crust, press the rolls out thin into a 15x10x1-inch pan and bake 8-10 minutes. Cool completely before putting on the filling.
For the filling, mix all together until smooth; spread on cooled crust.
Layer 3/4 cup of each topping on top of filling. Top with the grated cheese and press all lightly and refrigerate to set. Cut into bars when ready to serve. Store in refrigerator.
About Mary Ellen: Mary Ellen has been collecting "quickie" recipes since the 1960's because she is always in a hurry to get out of the kitchen. These are some she wanted to share. Her e-mail address is email@example.com.