White Pasta with Chicken and Onions
(Shared recipe submitted by Ruth Burbage.)
Serves 3 to 4
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (preferably sweet)
- 1 can (4-ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- All-purpose flour for chicken, plus 3 tablespoons for sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 ounces angel hair or other type pasta
Mix flour and seasonings together in large zip-top bag. Cut chicken across grain into 1/2-inch strips; toss in seasoned flour until covered. Layer chicken in baking dish, in single layer; top with onion, then mushrooms. Cover with broth and chicken granules dissolved in water. Dot with butter. Bake in a preheated 350° F oven about 35-40 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions, drain and keep warm. Remove chicken/onion mixture from baking dish with slotted spoon and add to pasta. Pour liquid into small saucepan. Mix an additional 3 tablespoons flour with cold water, add to liquid and cook until thickened. Add Parmesan, mix well; add to pasta mixture, stir and serve.
About Ruth: Ruth has published two cookbooks. The first is HAPPY COOKING With Friends & Family. She graciously sent me a copy and it is wonderful, with over 700 recipes. Her newest book is Now You're Cooking with Ruth's Ramblings, which is also the title of her monthly newsletter. If you are interested in purchasing a book, feel free to e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will tell you all about it.