Curried Chicken Salad
(Shared recipe submitted by Ramona Fassio.)
Ramona writes: "Here's one we make for all our summer get-togethers. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do."
East Indies Dressing
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 cups julienne carrot strips
- 3 cups julienne cooked chicken strips
- 2 cups julienne zucchini strips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Green onions and tomato wedges (optional)
Make the dressing at least 2 hours before needed. In a small bowl dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water. Stir in onion and curry powder. Using wire whisk, gradually beat in mayonnaise until smooth. (Dressing keeps up to one month in refrigerator.)
For the salad, in a 2-quart saucepan over high heat, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add carrots. Cook 3 minutes until tender-crisp. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool. Refrigerate until cold. In a large bowl place carrots, chicken, zucchini and almonds. Pour refrigerated dressing over and toss until well coated. Garnish with optional sliced green onions and tomato wedges.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.
About Ramona: Ramona is from Torrington, Connecticut. Her e-mail address is email@example.com.