(Shared recipe submitted by Sondra Barbre.)
Serves 8 to 10
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed granola
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnaps
- 6 or 7 medium sized pears
- 1/3 cup caramel or butterscotch ice cream topping
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Whipped topping, optional
Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine gingersnaps, granola and melted butter in a medium sized mixing bowl, set aside.
Peel, core and slice pears. Measure 6 cups sliced pears. Arrange fruit in an even layer in a 2-quart baking dish. Drizzle ice cream topping over fruit. Sprinkle gingersnap mixture over fruit. Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until fruit is tender when tested with a fork. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes. Serve warm topped with ice cream and/or whipped topping.
Additional recipes submitted by Sondra:
Click here for information and to browse all the shared recipes.