Pasta with Spicy Shrimp Sauce
(Shared recipe submitted by Sandy.)
Sandy writes: "I got this recipe from a Better Homes and Garden site and have made changes that I think made it better. It has a wonderful spicy taste, no complaints so far. The plates are always left clean when I serve this. It is very easy to make."
- 1-1/2 pounds shrimp, fresh or frozen, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced (any variety works great)
- 2 onions, small cut into thin wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive or cooking oil
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chili peppers, with juices
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) tomatoes, diced, with juices
- 1/3 cup snipped or shredded fresh basil
- 2 bay leafs
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine or linguine
- Fresh basil sprig (optional)
Thaw shrimp if frozen. Cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in oil in a large skillet for 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes with green chili peppers, diced tomatoes, snipped basil, bay leaf, and crushed red pepper; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 15 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender; drain. Stir shrimp into bubbling sauce; return to boiling. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove bay leaf. Pour sauce over pasta. Garnish with a basil sprig, if desired.
About Sandy: Sandy's e-mail address is Oommpapa@aol.com.
Additional recipes submitted by Sandy:
Click here for information and to browse all the shared recipes.