Homemade Ice Cream
(Shared recipe submitted by Sue.)
Sue writes: "This is delicious as is, but I sometimes add mashed bananas or strawberries for different flavors. Enjoy."
- 4 eggs, beaten well (or use egg beaters)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 box junket vanilla ice cream mix
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Enough whole milk to fill ice cream freezer container to full line
Combine ingredients in order given, mixing all together well. Fill freezer container and freeze per manufacturer's directions.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.
Note: This recipe uses raw eggs. If you have concerns, or if serving to the young, elderly, or those with health issues, use pasteurized eggs or, as Sue suggests, pasteurized egg product.
About Sue: Sue's e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.