Homemade Irish Cream
(Shared recipe submitted by Sue.)
Makes approximately 1 quart
Sue writes: "Everyone I give this to can't believe how great it tastes and everyone wants the recipe."
- 2 large eggs (see note below)
- 1 can condensed sweetened milk (not evaporated)
- 1-1/4 tablespoon chocolate syrup, such as Hershey's
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1 to 3 tablespoons white Creme de Menthe (optional, for mint flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for at least one minute. Chill. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 5 months.
Note: This recipe uses raw eggs. If you have concerns, or if serving to the young, elderly, or those with health issues, use pasteurized eggs or egg product.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.