Crab and Corn Soup
(Shared recipe submitted by Theresa.)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 1-3/4 cups fresh, frozen or canned and drained kernel corn
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a heavy bottom cooking pot on medium heat, melt butter, add flour and stir gently until blended; do not let it darken or go lumpy. Add milk gradually, stirring gently all the while. Add half and half and continue to stir until near boil. Add corn and green onions and cook for a few minutes until tender. Add crabmeat, pepper, salt and soy sauce and simmer, stirring occasionally until very hot and small bubbles form around the edge; do not let it boil. Adjust seasonings to taste. Garnish with sprinkles of chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
About Theresa: Theresa's e-mail address is email@example.com.
Click here for information and to browse all
the shared recipes.