Basil Tortellini Soup
(Shared recipe submitted by Terry McLaughlin.)
Terry writes: "This is very easy to prepare and tasty. I make it without the beans as we are not big fans of them. Serve with a crusty bread."
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomato and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve with cheese.
About Terry: Terry's e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for information and to browse all the shared recipes.